Saturday, August 20, 2011

Something I was reminded of again yesterday in my church planting class was the absolute necessity of making sure my wife is #1 in my life and that she knows that she is #1 in my life. Listen, I'm not perfect at this (not even sure if I'd be in the 'good' category) but we as men must continually work at being better husbands, leaders, lovers, and learners of our wives.

HOW?

1. Spend time with them daily at a time when she wants to chat.

2. Serve them in ways around the home that will help & lighten her load.

3. Shepherd her in the Word of God as you read and study God's Word together.

4. Equip and train her with the principles and and issues to instill in the children.

5. Take her on a vacation where you hang out together and have fun together and do things together.

6. Do date night as often as possible.

1 Peter 3:7 — You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!