Friday, September 19, 2008

It's said when so many OT scholars today question the historicity of the biblical accounts. In fact, would it be an overstatement to say that "most" scholars question Iron Age Israel? Can the biblical account speak for itself and be authoritative enough to lay the foundation upon which everything else is built? Apparently not.

"The modern state of OT scholarship is in a state of crisis," says Dr. V. Philips Long ("Introduction," in Windows into Old Testament History: Evidence, Argument, and the Crisis of "Biblical Israel," Ed. by V. Philips Long, David W. Baker, and Gordon J. Wenham [Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2002], 1), and I concur with him.


I wish that the biblical accounts in Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles were sufficient enough--but apparently not.

I like what Jesus has to say referring to God and His Word (of which the OT is a part):
John 17:17 "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

I don't want to disagree with my Savior.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!