Thursday, October 11, 2007

SOVEREIGN GOD,

Thy cause, not my own, engages my heart,
and I appeal to thee with greatest freedom to set up thy kingdom in every place where Satan reigns;

Glorify thyself and I shall rejoice,for to bring honour to thy name is my sole desire.
I adore thee that thou art God, and long that others should know it, feel it, and rejoice in it.
O that all men might love and praise thee, that thou mightest have all glory from the intelligent world!

Let sinners be brought to thee for thy dear name!
To the eye of reason everything respecting the conversion of others is a dark as midnight,
But thou canst accomplish great things;the cause is thine,
and is to thy glory that men should be saved.Lord, use me as thou wilt,
do with me what thou wilt;but, O, promote thy cause,let thy kingdom come,
let thy blessed interest be advanced in this world!

O do thou bring in great numbers to Jesus!let me see that glorious day,
and give me to grasp for multitudes of souls;let me be willing to die to that end;
and while I live let me labour for thee to the utmost of my strength,
spending time profitably in this work,both in health and in weakness.
It is thy cause and kingdom I long for, not my own.

O, answer thou my request!
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!