Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yesterday my beautiful wife was sick in bed with a bad cold. It was up to me (problem #1) to do some of the duties around the home and make it look... tidy (whatever that means!).

So, as part of my responsibilities inflicted upon me by my lovely wife, I had to go to the grocery store and buy the weekly quota of food. Now, I always feel weird when I go grocery shopping without Elizabeth. I look around and find many women with small children, women getting off of work, women going to different sample tables and women sniffing the flowers and there is Geoff, walking around with the grocery cart acting like he has some sort of clue as to what he is doing.

Somehow, I ended up with a bill which was way too much for a weekly supply of groceries, but it is absolutely justified in my heart and mind because I bought a nice bouquet of flowers for my sick wife (yes, I permit me to boast for twenty-five seconds...haha).

At any rate, I realized - yet again - that grocery shopping was created to be handled by the gender that knows how to cook... not a guy that knows how to put Ramen in the microwave and hit the "quick minute" button.

Lesson of the day: A man + Grocery shopping = Big Time Chaos!

Praise God that He has given me a wonderful wife. :=)
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!