Sunday, January 10, 2010


One of the greatest blessings in a preacher’s ministry is when he raises up Godly men, teaches them the rules and methods of hermeneutics (biblical interpretation), educates them on how to prepare and preach a sermon while instructing them in godly living. This is one blessing that has become mine recently. A young man in our church was saved this past summer and as he has been delving into church ministry, church involvement, weekly men’s discipleship times, I’ve had the privilege of raising him up as a leader in our youth/college group.


This week I am not preaching Tuesday night. The reason is because this man is going to preach his first sermon. I have met with him numerous times. We’ve gone over the rules of biblical interpretation, how to prepare a sermon, and how to preach a sermon. He preached his sermon for me this past week and I have him a sermon evaluation form completely filled out with encouraging remarks and helpful tips for improvement.


What a joy to see a young man pursue Jesus Christ and read his bible often (putting some of us to shame!) and stand strong for Jesus Christ at a public college here and be ridiculed for his faith. God is truly honored in this kind of radical discipleship.


Matthew 10:32 32 "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.


I am excited for this privilege to sit back and hear the Word of God preached as he opens the truth of God’s Word to us this Tuesday night.


2 Timothy 2:2 2 The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!