Monday, November 10, 2008

Tonight I have the (weighty) responsibility of preaching on hell. We've been going through Revelation in our Bible Study and we studied the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:11-15) a few weeks ago. Tonight is part two of that sermon.

It's overwhelming. I'm not sure what else to say. It's overwhelming because it is so serious--and yet so many Christians think so lightly of hell. I have 10 points to my sermon tonight on hell. I've titled my sermon in such a way as to get their attention:

"The Shrieking Cries of the Tormented in Hell Manifested."

I've grown personally in my own study and I trust that many tonight will learn more about the horrors of being tormented by God forever in hell. I am thankful for God's grace. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ, who died in my place. I'm thankful that "I'm saved from the wrath of God through Him [Christ]" (Rom 5:9). Salvation is truly from the Lord (Jonah 2:9). Stay tuned for the update in coming days. I'll also post the sermon on our church website.

Till then, pray for me; that I would be clear, bold, unashamed, and Spirit-filled. At the same time, pray that I would be filled with God's Spirit so as to make the gospel overwhelmingly clear to those who will be present tonight to hear the gospel.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!