Saturday, September 10, 2011

Please be in prayer for me as I preach with Tony Miano & the Third Street Heralds (and info here) in Santa Monica today. I cherish this group and the likemindedness in passionately proclaiming Christ and His glorious Gospel! I plan to be prepared to preach a number of sermons and interact with folks who may be considering the events of 9/11.

Pray also for me as I preach tomorrow in Sojourners at Grace Church. My text is 1 Thess 1:9-10 and the bones are burnin'.

Update on Street Preaching Last Night—Sept 9th
I was street preaching with my friend Sherwood & we had quite a few hecklers and troublemakers out on the Promenade. God allowed us to have some great conversations, share the gospel numerous times and interact with people who refuse to worship & submit to the God of the Bible. What an opportunity. Thanks for praying!

1 comments:

Happy said...

Hi Geoff,

I watched the Azusa heckler and I have to say I'm torn watching it. The preacher said so many accurate things, but it seemed that some of the time he did so at the expense of listening to the young man. It seems to me that though Jesus did speak harshly at times, he also listened to others and even sometimes seemingly allowed others to dictate where the conversation was going. I don't think this man did a very good job of balancing truth and love. He seemed to embarrass the young men on purpose which drove them away. Yes, they were immature, misled young men, but I think the preacher violated Paul's admonition that "the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone . . ."
Thoughts?

God bless you as you seek to plant a church in KC! Miss you man and love you!

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!