Monday, January 12, 2009

This weekend was a much needed rest for me and Elizabeth. We traveled up to the mountains with her family and ate, played games, read Scripture, sledded, and skied down mountains I had no business being on (ha!).

Psalm 148:8-13 8 Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word; 9 Mountains and all hills; Fruit trees and all cedars; 10 Beasts and all cattle; Creeping things and winged fowl; 11 Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth; 12 Both young men and virgins; Old men and children. 13 Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven.

This is my view from the top of one of the mountains.

This is what my brother-in-law, David, and I did:

And this is a sign we saw as we approached the lift taking us up to the top of this steep slope. There was another sign which read: "Caution, NO easy way down!" (yikes!)

3 comments:

St. Louis Mom said...

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't know you were going to ski! Ignorance is bliss! Thanks to the Lord for sending His angels to protect you! Next time you go, don't tell us....Love you, Mom

Dave said...

Glad your alive

Anonymous said...

Woo hooo! That was fun! You're quite an animal on the slopes.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!