Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One thing I learned in Israel was how God truly leads His own. As David writes, Psalm 31:3 3 For You are my rock and my fortress; For Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me. Indeed we experienced this truth; that God leads His people and guides His people.

The past few weeks in Israel have made this verse ever clearer to me as I trusted in the Lord for many aspects regarding our recent trip to Israel. It is true that God is my Rock and my Fortress. Because God is my Rock and my Fortress, I can be confident that He will lead and guide me. This is a pattern in the psalms:

Psalm 27:11 11 Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a level path Because of my foes.

Psalm 43:3 3 O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your dwelling places.

Psalm 61:2 2 From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Psalm 139:9-10 9 If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

Psalm 139:23-24 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24 And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

Psalm 143:10 10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

I found that in trusting God, He had already worked everything out for us -- according to His sovereign plan. He truly paved the way for us. From the important matters even down to the mundane God was our guide. If there is one thing I have reflected on today regarding the character of God, it is the ever-present reality that God is my Shepherd and Guide:

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!