Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm preaching on Eph 5:6-14 tomorrow and have discovered quite a recognizable structure to this pericope. I welcome anyone to peruse my diagram and outline here (both Greek and English included) and give me your thoughts.

Essentially I see one major point: v.6 - don't be deceived into living a life as those who are darkness as the wrath of God will come upon them.

There are two supporting statements:

1. Watch Your Company! (7-10)

2. Watch Your Conduct! (11-14)

Each of the two major statements have two clauses giving the reason (gar).

1 comments:

St. Louis Mom said...

I have been meditating on Psalm 1 and how perfectly the Word concurs with Itself! "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked..." Thank you for these truths from Ephesians. Paul may have even been thinking about Psalm 1 when he wrote this passage.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!