Saturday, February 2, 2008

According to some missional churches and pastors, he's approaching quickly. What is the issue? According to some emerging and missional guys, he is using a Dell computer from the podium while teaching. Hahaha.

"You're kidding!" you exclaim.

"Not at all!" I respond.

Darrin Patrick, pastor of The Journey church in St. Louis said this: "Yeah, I knew he used a Dell, but I never thought he would in public. It has really devastated many of our church planters."

Haha. It's just interesting that the guys are making jokes saying that the pastor is not cool or hip because he's using a Dell.

Brothers, beware.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, lighten up.

Dad said...

Geoff, all the really trendy guys use Apple! So, if you want to be *really* missional and truly *emerging* you'll have to make the big switch and get with the program.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Bro,

I have a MAC and I'm certainly not emerging.

geoffrey kirkland said...

Haha,

This is funny. I have a Dell and am very interested in a MAC. However, if I do get a MAC, does that mean that I'm suddenly in the "cool" crowd?

Just wondering...

Non-emerging Non-Apple user said...

To clarify, "anonymous Bro", a Mac is a necessary but not sufficient condition for being really "emerging".

To own an Apple product does not necessarily qualify you (if I can use that term generously) to be emerging.

You realize of course, that we are having a little fun with a subject that really should cause us to wince :)

geoffrey kirkland said...

Dear non-emerging non-apple user,

Amen to the "fun." So, what if I don't have a MAC, but I have an iPod... does that count me in the possible candidates for being an emerging buff?

your wifey ;-) said...

Ya know, I am not sure whether I want to laugh or cry :-\ This is so absurd that it is ridiculous.

All I have to say is thank the good Lord that true ministerial qualification is not determined by the whims and fancies of the "cool crowd"; but rather the pure, unadulterated, objective, timeless, completely authoritative Word of God! Amen.

Anonymous said...

Everybody is taking this so serious it just makes me laugh...goodness

geoffrey kirkland said...

I actually had a halfway-serious thought today of getting a MAC -- but then I came to reality and figured out that they are LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of $$.

I think that churches ought to buy a MAC for their pastors -- don't you?

:=)

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!