Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This has been a very busy week for me. The high point was today when I presented twice in my seminar course at Baptist Bible Seminary. The first presentation was on the role of dialogue in preaching and the second presentation covered Hebrews 1:5 and the use of the OT.

The interaction with the guys is so great in this program. I appreciate the feedback. I appreciate their knowledge. I love their perspectives and viewpoints. They challenge me and make me think about my views.

After my presentation this morning I met 1-on-1 with my professor for feedback and constructive critiquing. Not only is it helpful to get a critique after a 2-hour presentation for a PhD course but we need this kind of feedback and (helpful) criticism in our Christian lives. Really. Isn't this what Paul says?

I Thessalonians 5:14 We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

The best way to help another brother or sister in his spiritual walk in Christ is not let them go stagnant and "uncritiqued" (to coin a new term!). Rather, the Christian brother should come alongside another brother and encourage, exhort, rebuke, critique, and accept that comment with a humble and teachable spirit.

Let us be those who receive critique with a gentle spirit acknowledging that we all need to grow in our Christian walks. And, on the flip side, let us be those Christians who come alongside of others and give them constructive critique and encouragements so that they can benefit and grow.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!