Thursday, April 16, 2009

Last night I preached on Psalm 19:7-14 on God's Revelation in His Word. The text is absolutely packed with truth regarding the doctrine of the Bible ("bibliology"), the character of God ("theology proper"), and the doctrine of salvation and sanctification ("soteriology"). If you so choose, I will post the link here if you want to listen to it. I was greatly blessed in my studies and even while I was preaching as the text encouraged and challenged my heart anew. Praise God!

Also, here's a tidbit from The Valley of Vision:
I thank thee that many of my prayers have been refused--
I have asked amiss and do not have,
I have prayed from lusts and been rejected,
I have longed for Egypt and been given a wilderness.
Go on with thy patient work, answering 'no' to my wrongful prayers, and fitting me to accept it.
Purge me from every false desire, every base aspiration, everything contrary to thy rule.
I thank thee for thy wisdom and thy love,
for all the acts of discipline to which I am subject,
for sometimes putting me into the furnace to refine my gold and remove my dross.
No trial is so hard to bear as a sense of sin.
If thou shouldst give me choice to live in pleasure and keep my sins,
or to have them burnt away with trial,
give me sanctified affliction.
Deliver me from every evil habit, every accretion of former sins,
everything that dims the brightness of thy grace in me,
everything that prevents me taking delight in thee
(p.77).
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!