Thursday, April 30, 2009

I just turned in my last research paper for the Master's Seminary (assuming I don't get it back with the big words typed across the top "REWRITE!"). It's sort of weird because I've spent the last four years of my life turning in research papers at this school! But, I just turned in my last paper and am awaiting the next step, Lord willing, in life--pursuing a PhD at Baptist Bible Seminary in NT under the supervision of Dr. Rod Decker. I plan to do research in the area of intertextuality and/or the NT's use of the OT.

Though at times, I feel like this kid:I must bear in mind that if God brings you to it, he'll see you through it. Praise God! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at TMS and am grateful to the LORD for carrying me through the programs there. I feel like my preaching skills, exegetical precision, and theological accuracy has solidifed--and for that, I am tremendously thankful to God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geoff,

Praise God that you are using your God-given talents/gifts to further develop ministry and teaching (although teaching is ministry) skills!

The Church definitely needs more scholar-pastors and/or pastor-scholars...by the way which one are you :) Both, right!

Geoff, you are being faithful to your calling and we will pray that God really does a great work in and through you to His glory!

Love,

Dad and Mom

geoffrey kirkland said...

Thanks for the encouragement. :=)

Pastor Jim said...

goeff, I am amazed that I found your blog. I am also a pastor who just finished the MDiv program and am looking at PhD programs. I pastor a very small, new church (15 months now) in Belleville MI. I did my MDiv at Heritage Seminary, Cambridge Ontario. I thought I would be going to Southeastern Baptist, but the housing market has thrown a wrench in my plans. I know that God's plans are right on track though. I am very interested in corresponding with you especially concerning issues like theological German/French and keeping up on my Koine Greek and Hebrew. I will share anything I learn in the process and would appreciate any info you can share also. God bless. I write a blog about our church learning to follow Jesus. Hope to hear from you. God Bless. Pastor Jim.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!